Recall 14s05 Ford won't honor recall

Official Ford recalls and TSBs!

Re: Recall 14s05 Ford won't honor recall

Postby FordService - December 19th, 2014, 5:31 pm

lilith969 wrote:I was told by Ford Motor Company service department by a woman named Charlean last week that Ford Motor Co. wanted to make it right that they wanted to fix this problem. She said that Ford would replace my steering column free of charge and she was going to call a dealership of my choice to have the work done. That I had to call the dealership and make the appointment. Well today I did just that. Well the dealership didnt know anything about what I was talking about. That Charlean never called them to make any repairs and that my case was closed by Ford on Dec 15th. So as I thought when I was talking to Charlene that it was BS. So I will be contacting a attorney to see if I can get a class action law suit going. I see by all the responses to my post there are many of people with this very same issue. Ford Motor company will not get away with this.

Hello lilith969,

I replied to your PM, and please check your inbox.

I’ll be here if you need anything else.

Tricia
FordService
Yes, a real, verified Ford Customer Service Representative

E-C LEVEL 6

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby Mike O - December 23rd, 2014, 5:31 pm

So here I am with the same exact issue and same exact scenario. I had my letter for the recall sent to me back in July and was told by the dealership to bring it in for a software update. I wasn't having any issues at that point so I thought what could the harm be. We took it in and the dealership handled it very quickly. Well up to about 3 days ago everything was running fine. Then my wife calls to tell me the power steering went out when she was driving with two kids. I contacted the dealer and told them what happened. I brought the vehicle in to get it looked at and was told that I will need to have the steering column replaced but Ford would NOT honor the recall. I was told that since we brought the vehicle in to have that software update Ford is no longer responsible for any visits after that?????? Really? The problem was never fixed and now I am supposed to fork over 1100.00 to get this taken care of? This is extremely bad business practice. My wife does not have a vehicle and can not travel to work because of this issue. I don't have the money right now to take care of this myself. I just don't know which way to turn so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mike O

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Harry Hood - December 23rd, 2014, 6:24 pm

Mike O wrote:So here I am with the same exact issue and same exact scenario. I had my letter for the recall sent to me back in July and was told by the dealership to bring it in for a software update. I wasn't having any issues at that point so I thought what could the harm be. We took it in and the dealership handled it very quickly. Well up to about 3 days ago everything was running fine. Then my wife calls to tell me the power steering went out when she was driving with two kids. I contacted the dealer and told them what happened. I brought the vehicle in to get it looked at and was told that I will need to have the steering column replaced but Ford would NOT honor the recall. I was told that since we brought the vehicle in to have that software update Ford is no longer responsible for any visits after that?????? Really? The problem was never fixed and now I am supposed to fork over 1100.00 to get this taken care of? This is extremely bad business practice. My wife does not have a vehicle and can not travel to work because of this issue. I don't have the money right now to take care of this myself. I just don't know which way to turn so any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleCo ... ndex.xhtml
2014 Escape Titanium 4WD, white platinum
2012 Harley Davidson FLSTC, pearl white
Harry Hood

E-C LEVEL 3
Congratulations on reaching 250 posts!
My vehicle: 2014 Escape Titanium

Postby FordService - December 24th, 2014, 11:36 am

Mike O wrote:So here I am with the same exact issue and same exact scenario. I had my letter for the recall sent to me back in July and was told by the dealership to bring it in for a software update. I wasn't having any issues at that point so I thought what could the harm be. We took it in and the dealership handled it very quickly. Well up to about 3 days ago everything was running fine. Then my wife calls to tell me the power steering went out when she was driving with two kids. I contacted the dealer and told them what happened. I brought the vehicle in to get it looked at and was told that I will need to have the steering column replaced but Ford would NOT honor the recall. I was told that since we brought the vehicle in to have that software update Ford is no longer responsible for any visits after that?????? Really? The problem was never fixed and now I am supposed to fork over 1100.00 to get this taken care of? This is extremely bad business practice. My wife does not have a vehicle and can not travel to work because of this issue. I don't have the money right now to take care of this myself. I just don't know which way to turn so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the community, Mike O!

I’m the Ford Customer Service Representative on this forum, and my name is Tricia. Please private message your full name, VIN, dealer, mileage, and best daytime contact number. I’ll get this escalated once the requested information is received. :)

Tricia
FordService

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby egv486 - December 24th, 2014, 12:35 pm

I'm also having a similar problem. I took my 2008 Escape Hybrid in for the recall fix in November. Then the first time I tried to parallel park afterward I got the car back the power steering cut out at the edge of the steering radius on both sides. Now, my dealer says I have to replace the steering column for $1000+. I'd never had a problem with my power steering before they fixed the software. Furthermore my dealer said the steering column was likely damaged by an issue with the electronics. But because the recall has been "resolved" Ford is refusing to do anything about it, despite calls from my dealer to tie it to the recall and two calls from me to the customer service line.

This is hands down the worst customer experience I have ever had. I can't believe this company is so cheap that they will only fix the tiniest issue related to their recall and not the damage it wreaked on the car. Tricia, if you are a Ford representative, I politely request your help as well. Not another "well we already dealt with the recall and it's our policy to ignore any other concerns after that" but, honest help that actually shows concern for the safety of Ford customers and everyone else on the road. I can provide vehicle information in a PM.

I'll add that this is a six year old car and I've already had to spend several thousand dollars on other major repairs. Maybe I have a lemon, but overall I have been extremely disappointed with Ford's product and now their stinginess and apparent disregard for safety. I'm hoping this can get resolved because no one on this thread of any other dealing with this shoddy recall should owe a dime to fix a problem Ford created.
egv486

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby FordService - December 24th, 2014, 3:58 pm

egv486 wrote:I'm also having a similar problem. I took my 2008 Escape Hybrid in for the recall fix in November. Then the first time I tried to parallel park afterward I got the car back the power steering cut out at the edge of the steering radius on both sides. Now, my dealer says I have to replace the steering column for $1000+. I'd never had a problem with my power steering before they fixed the software. Furthermore my dealer said the steering column was likely damaged by an issue with the electronics. But because the recall has been "resolved" Ford is refusing to do anything about it, despite calls from my dealer to tie it to the recall and two calls from me to the customer service line.

This is hands down the worst customer experience I have ever had. I can't believe this company is so cheap that they will only fix the tiniest issue related to their recall and not the damage it wreaked on the car. Tricia, if you are a Ford representative, I politely request your help as well. Not another "well we already dealt with the recall and it's our policy to ignore any other concerns after that" but, honest help that actually shows concern for the safety of Ford customers and everyone else on the road. I can provide vehicle information in a PM.

I'll add that this is a six year old car and I've already had to spend several thousand dollars on other major repairs. Maybe I have a lemon, but overall I have been extremely disappointed with Ford's product and now their stinginess and apparent disregard for safety. I'm hoping this can get resolved because no one on this thread of any other dealing with this shoddy recall should owe a dime to fix a problem Ford created.

I’ll be happy to look into your concern, egv486.

Please PM the same information that was requested in my previous post. A case will be created once your info is received.

Tricia
FordService

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby abdayt241 - January 7th, 2015, 2:22 pm

Did you have any success resolving the issue with Ford directly? I ask because I just encountered the EXACT same problem this week. Took my 2008 Ford Escape in for the recall notice 14S05 in November 2014. The dealer I took the car to performed a software update to the PCSM module. Almost immediately afterward I started noticing problems with my steering column--shaking, rattling, etc. Not two months later my entire steering column needs to be replaced due to a torque sensor failure--the exact issue the recall was ordered for in the first place. I called Ford Customer Service center on three separate occasions to explain the situation and try to get some answers. Everyone told me the same thing--the recall notice on my car was labeled "closed" so they could not and would not fix the issue--despite that it was the exact reason for the recall in the first place. I'm a loss seeing as how this has happened to so many other Escape drivers. Let me know how it worked out for you. Thanks.
abdayt241

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby AHackney54 - January 26th, 2015, 1:47 pm

lilith969 wrote:I was told by Ford Motor Company service department by a woman named Charlean last week that Ford Motor Co. wanted to make it right that they wanted to fix this problem. She said that Ford would replace my steering column free of charge and she was going to call a dealership of my choice to have the work done. That I had to call the dealership and make the appointment. Well today I did just that. Well the dealership didnt know anything about what I was talking about. That Charlean never called them to make any repairs and that my case was closed by Ford on Dec 15th. So as I thought when I was talking to Charlene that it was BS. So I will be contacting a attorney to see if I can get a class action law suit going. I see by all the responses to my post there are many of people with this very same issue. Ford Motor company will not get away with this.

Have you had contact with your attorney regarding a class action lawsuit? If so, sign me up!
AHackney54

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2009 Ford Escape XLT v6
My vehicle's name: Scarlett

Postby Kalama - February 4th, 2015, 3:13 pm

Lilith969, did you ever get a decent response and resolution from Ford Motor Co.? My husband and I are having the same issues here in Missouri. Our experiences are very similar to yours so i don't want to repeat it all over again. In short, the dealer performed a software update back in October and now the power steering has gone out. The software definitely did not fix the problem. Now Ford is refusing to do the repairs. I will be contacting and filing complaints everywhere that you did. Somwhere, sometime, someone is going to have to be responsible for this outrageous phony recall. If we have an accident while trying to resolve this, and injuries are incurred, we will be the first, as well as our insurance company, to file a huge lawsuit on Ford Motor Company. Ive noticed that a 'Tricia' keeps coming back to your posts and telling you to send her a pm. And that she is a rep for Ford. Im new to this forum and don't see where or how you pm someone. I'll keep looking.
Kalama

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby FordService - February 4th, 2015, 6:13 pm

AHackney54 wrote:Have you had contact with your attorney regarding a class action lawsuit? If so, sign me up!

Welcome to the neighborhood, AHackney54.

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. Please private message (PM) your VIN. I’ll look into this further.

Kalama wrote:Lilith969, did you ever get a decent response and resolution from Ford Motor Co.? My husband and I are having the same issues here in Missouri. Our experiences are very similar to yours so i don't want to repeat it all over again. In short, the dealer performed a software update back in October and now the power steering has gone out. The software definitely did not fix the problem. Now Ford is refusing to do the repairs. I will be contacting and filing complaints everywhere that you did. Somwhere, sometime, someone is going to have to be responsible for this outrageous phony recall. If we have an accident while trying to resolve this, and injuries are incurred, we will be the first, as well as our insurance company, to file a huge lawsuit on Ford Motor Company. Ive noticed that a 'Tricia' keeps coming back to your posts and telling you to send her a pm. And that she is a rep for Ford. Im new to this forum and don't see where or how you pm someone. I'll keep looking.

Welcome to the community, Kalama.

Thanks for reaching out to me. I replied and please check your inbox.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Tricia
FordService

E-C LEVEL 6

PreviousNext

Return to Recalls and TSBs