Taiwanese Army Vehicles

Post your pictures here!

Taiwanese Army Vehicles

Postby Escape94 - October 13th, 2016, 6:03 pm

So these were shared on the Ford Escape Owners Facebook page. Do these look familiar to anyone? They should, overseas versions of the escape turned into army vehicles. 2.3liter engine. And theses are based off the 3rd facelift of the 1st gen. You can definitely see the resemblance in the wheels and the interior a little bit. I'd drive one!

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks
Hopefully some more to come in the future...(suggestions welcome :D)
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Re: Taiwanese Army Vehicles

Postby Half Assed - October 13th, 2016, 8:15 pm

No reason you couldn't copy that idea with a cheap escape off craigslist. Put some 30" compact tractor tires on it. :D Keep the windshield and build a better roll cage. The one they built would fold right over in a wreck. Plenty of people have built firewall buggies out of subarus, jeep cherokees, and suzuki sidekicks.

I wonder why they chose escapes though, I don't think they would be durable enough in a real combat situation and they can't be that much cheaper to build than using a toyota land cruiser or nissan patrol.

Regardless, still very cool.
"Forget your lust for the rich man's gold,
all that you need is in your soul." -Lynyrd Skynyrd

Half Assed

E-C LEVEL 1
My vehicle: 05 Escape 2.3/5spd

Return to Pictures