Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Traded the E :( but got something new!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SkylineTj 
#1 ·
Sad to say I parted ways with my '14 E today :( but I traded up to a 2015 F150 XLT Sport. I wasn't planning on getting a truck but it just sort of happened haha. My lease was set to come up on my E so I've been searching for a new vehicle to lease for the last couple months. I really wanted an Edge Sport with the new 2.7L V6 EB but because Ford is dragging their feet getting the 2016s out, the 15s are sparse and they have no rebates on them. But every dealer around here has F150s coming out their ears and they have massive dealer discounts on them. I ended up getting about $7k in dealer discounts plus about another $5k in various Ford rebates...then I hit 'em with a crazy low number and they took it because it was a slow day haha. That brought my monthly payment down to not much more than I was paying on my E and the sticker on this thing was about 2x as much :stifle:. The residual on the F150 after 2 years is 66% whereas the Edge was only 57% so the lease was a LOT lower and the gas mileage is pretty much the same.

Anyway, I already love it....it honestly drives more like an SUV than a truck. The ride and interior sound and quality is amazing and that 2.7L is actually really, really good...I was amazed at the acceleration, especially in sport mode. And the new auto start/stop function to shut the engine off at stop lights is pretty interesting. Got the 302A package with the large screen and the upgraded 20" painted wheels which look awthome!

Garret

See less See more
#2 ·
i was just reading the test info on that 2.7L engine and it is pretty incredible. Ford ran it in a truck in the Baja 1000 race without any extra coolers or modifications. It ran the entire 883 mile race with no issues...they only changed the air filter.

They also did the following tests and the engine held up to all of them:

More than 1,000 consecutive extreme temperature loops that quickly bring the engine from minus 25 degrees to 235 degrees Fahrenheit - the equivalent of driving a vehicle nonstop from Death Valley to Arctic Circle 350 times

Structural fatigue tests that run the engine at full load for more than 17 straight days - the majority of the time at peak torque and power

The engine's ability to withstand repeated stop/starts was validated with more than 900 test hours simulating 240,000 starts and stops

More than 800 hours of towing and unloaded-driving scenarios across the entire engine power range with gasoline-ethanol mixtures up to E20 and intentionally degraded engine oil

#6 ·
Looks good!

I'm not a Ford guy at all when it comes to trucks, but the new body style is pretty nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.