Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

'03 Escape Hood Lettering

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MadMax 
#1 ·
Hey guys! Just thought I would share this with you all in case any of you were interested in doing yourselves. I had to repaint the trunk on my Escape and just had the individual letters in my arm rest storage, then I started noticing the lettering on the new Explorer's and liked the look of it a good deal. So, a couple of hours later and about 3 coats of Plasti Dip I had them permanently affixed to the hood! I used some simple A+B epoxy that I got from Harbor Freight, and did it all by eye. Hope you all enjoy!

See less See more
#2 ·
I like it, good job! :shades:

What's the bar looking thing across the bottom of your escape? :shrug:

#3 ·
Escape94 said:
I like it, good job! :shades:

What's the bar looking thing across the bottom of your escape? :shrug:
Ditto! :thumb: Good use of letters I've thought of doing "FORD" across the front, but I'd be getting redundant :roll:

Is the bar Escape94 mentioned for a plow?

#4 ·
Thank you, both! It was a lot easier than I had thought it was going to be, and I have to say that it just looks right now that it's been about a week. To answer your questions; the thing going across the bottom is actually a 10 ton (I believe it's 10 at least) that I got from harbor freight, held on with two hooks affixed to where a bull/light bar would attach to the frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.