Show your Tow Rig!

Post your pictures here!

Re: Show your Tow Rig!

Postby escape_ottawa - September 19th, 2016, 1:27 am

Vanity View:

Standard View:

Set Up at Murphy's Point Provincial Park this past weekend:

1995 Coleman Cedar (just under 1000lbs dry)
Class II Hitch

Not quite Charles' palatial digs :) - Cool to see all the rigs
2010 Ford Escape XLT V6 4WD - Steel Blue Metallic
Winter Package | Husky Liners | Modded Boat Roller | Hood Deflector
So really no mods
escape_ottawa

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My vehicle: 2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 4WD

Postby FRENCHY - September 19th, 2016, 7:17 am

Very nice guys :thumb: :thumb:
15 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7758&start=30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby Half Assed - October 11th, 2016, 6:37 pm

Moving the hobo rape shack that I just bought to the backyard.

I didn't tow it home with the escape, but if I bought a trailer with a lower deck height I probably could though. The camper probably only weighs about 1500 lbs.

"Forget your lust for the rich man's gold,
all that you need is in your soul." -Lynyrd Skynyrd

Half Assed

E-C LEVEL 1
My vehicle: 05 Escape 2.3/5spd

Postby escape_ottawa - October 12th, 2016, 12:14 pm

That's some contraption! My wife would be mortified, it's important that our trailer is cute :)

does the top come down (it look like the canvas may get ripped apart on the highway)
2010 Ford Escape XLT V6 4WD - Steel Blue Metallic
Winter Package | Husky Liners | Modded Boat Roller | Hood Deflector
So really no mods
escape_ottawa

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My vehicle: 2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 4WD

Postby Escape94 - October 12th, 2016, 8:47 pm

Contraption...that's definitely one way to describe that :worry: is it pretty solid?

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks
Hopefully some more to come in the future...(suggestions welcome :D)
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Postby Half Assed - October 12th, 2016, 11:06 pm

escape_ottawa wrote:That's some contraption! My wife would be mortified, it's important that our trailer is cute :)

does the top come down (it look like the canvas may get ripped apart on the highway)

Escape94 wrote:Contraption...that's definitely one way to describe that :worry: is it pretty solid?

Yeah the top drops down. It's a 2-3 person job to lift the top right now, so I popped it up when my uncle stopped by yesterday. It doesn't have a crank lift like the newer ones do which kinda sucks.

This afternoon I ripped down probably a good 75+ pounds of 1/4" thick mdf paneling on the ceiling and I want to replace it with something much lighter so that should help reduce the effort required to push up the roof.

Leaks? It's a camper, of course it leaks. :lol: The roof doesn't look like it currently has any leaks, but the framing wasn't redone very well it has a bowl on the roof that will cause issues. You can see in the pic the PO ran 1x4s flat across. I'm thinking of running 1x2s or a 2x2s across, but cut with a jigsaw with a slight arch to help drain off the water. The roof and roof frame is all aluminum. Pretty beef compared to the newer stuff that's made from wood. I have it propped up at the moment because it's still raining here pretty often.

Most of the cabinets are shot, 30+ year old particle board with some water damage. Not hard to fix that though. There are some soft spots in the floor and the extension over the cab is sagging. I'm sure I will find some rot and water damage. I'll have to demo the whole inside and see if i should cut my losses before spending too much money.

"Forget your lust for the rich man's gold,
all that you need is in your soul." -Lynyrd Skynyrd

Half Assed

E-C LEVEL 1
My vehicle: 05 Escape 2.3/5spd

Postby joehadams - December 30th, 2016, 12:41 am

joehadams

E-C LEVEL 1
My nickname: Joe
My vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape XLT 4x4
My vehicle's name: Black Mamba

Postby Charles - December 30th, 2016, 9:01 am

Nice boat!!! :yes:

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group - Black Onyx - Sunroof, Navigation, Premium Exterior Package, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners (1st & 2nd Row), Wireless Rear View Camera.
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Postby MadMax - December 30th, 2016, 11:36 am

Charles wrote:Nice boat!!! :yes:

:yes: Yes, Joe has a very nice set-up, but I would say that Joe was at full towing capacity :worry:
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 18

Postby FRENCHY - December 30th, 2016, 12:04 pm

Yeah nice boat but joe is pushing is luck, see exceed the towing and pay load capacity? :shrug:
15 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7758&start=30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures