Updated the Step by Step directions 5/20/16 to give instructions for someone with an Imgur account.
How to post photos from a photo storage site such as Photobucket.
1. Get a online photo storage site....Photobucket, Shutterbug and Flickr are some of the more popular ones.
2. Post photos from computer to the Photobucket site.
3. I am speaking for Photobucket. I am not sure of the others but they should be pretty close
4. In the side of the photo, there should be a section for Image Code on the right side of the screen.
5. Click in the Image Code line. It will say copied when this line is clicked and then it should go back to displaying the image link.
6. Go back to the section of Escape City where you want to insert your picture.
7. Click the New Topic button or the Post Reply button in the thread where you want to insert the picture.
8. Paste the Image Code you copied earlier into the new message area.
9. After that the Image link should be in between the two IMG boxes
10. Hit the Submit button.
11. Once out of the post go to view the thread again and the image should be there.
For Flickr, do the following:
1. On the Flickr image page, click the “Share” button.. Click the “Grab the HTML/BBCode” option. That will open a dialog box. Copy the code stuff.
2. Paste the code stuff you copied in the previous step into the post where you want to insert the picture. Example is shown here.2011 Ford Escape
, on Flickr
3. Delete all the stuff except what is between the [img]and[/img].
2011 Ford Escape by AnthsRandomz, on Flickr
4. Hit the Submit button.
For Picasa, do the following:
1. From the Picasa page you placed the image.
2. Right clicked the image and select 'Properties' at the bottom of the list.
3. In the 'Properties' dialog box that opened, right click on the URL to the right of 'Address: (URL)'.
4. Then click on 'Select All' from the drop down list. The image URL was then highlighted.
5. Right click the highlighted URL and select 'Copy' from the drop down list.
6. Next, I went back to the E-C "Post a Reply" dialog box and clicked the 'Img' button.
7. Then paste the URL in between the [Img] tags that appeared.
For FreeImageHosting, do the following:
1. Upload your image to using the Upload Image link.
2. After you upload your image, you will see the following four items on the screen:
Your image link
HTML Thumbnail Link for Websites & Blogs
<a href="http://www.freeimagehosting.net/jo2ci"><img src="http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/jo2ci.jpg"></a>
HTML Fullsize Link for Websites & Blogs
<a href="http://www.freeimagehosting.net/jo2ci"><img src="http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/jo2ci.jpg"></a>
Forum & Message Board Link
- Code: Select all
3. Copy the “Forum & Message Board Link” information and paste it into your post.
An example image would have the following code to be copied:
- Code: Select all
Here is how the image would look in your post.
Clicking the thumbnail image will display the full size image.
For Imgur, do the following to import images.
1. Upload the image desired into your Imgur Account.
2. Copy the Direct Link address for the image as shown below.
3. Next, I went back to the E-C "Post a Reply" dialog box and clicked the 'Img' button.
4. Then paste the URL in between the [Img] tags that appeared.