Swap your OEM side steps for my nerf bars and rocker panel

For sale, for trade, or maybe even for free!
Forum rules
Escape City cannot be held responsible for the results of transactions between members. Escape City encourages members to use PayPal, which has a dispute resolution process to help protect both buyers and sellers.

Swap your OEM side steps for my nerf bars and rocker panel

Postby escapetooregon - September 20th, 2015, 3:28 am

Looking to replace my Steelcraft side step nerf bars with the factory side steps. Would like to make a parts swap with someone interested in my area (near Portland, Oregon). Even trade, no money exchanged. I'll give you my nerf bars plus the rocker panel molding to cover the place where the side steps come off your E, in exchange for your side steps. All hardware included with the nerf bars, plus I still have the original instructions for install.

Not looking to ship parts, just looking to find someone in my area. Please message me if interested!
Tinkerer by day, lover by night, road tripper on weekends.
2008 XLT, 3.0L Duratec V6, 4WD
escapetooregon

E-C LEVEL 1
My vehicle: 2008 Escape XLT V6

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Swap your OEM side steps for my nerf bars and rocker pan

Postby Freddy G - September 23rd, 2015, 2:30 pm

Hi. Can you post picture of the bar and rocket panel?
Freddy G

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby escapetooregon - October 15th, 2015, 8:14 pm

OK, pics now. These are Steelcraft side step bars, 3" tube, black powder coated. The steps are a hard rubber. Bars fit an 08-10 E. There are two mounting brackets underneath on each side. They fit well and have held up to a few years of use now.

escapetooregon

E-C LEVEL 1

Postby Chuy_lol - October 16th, 2015, 12:53 pm

Why are you trading them if you don't mind me asking? I was looking into getting them myself. Any comments on them?
1500 Watt DB Subwoofer with 1250 Watt Amp
5K HID Headlight Kit
5K Switchbacks
5K Engine Bay LED & Underglow Kit
CrimeGuard 830i8 Alarm/Remote Starter
Chuy_lol

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape

Postby MadMax - October 17th, 2015, 5:06 pm

Those are great looking nerfs. The built-ins are more for looks then function, but to each his own :shrug:

The only reason I have them is because they work really well with the LEDs I put in
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 19

Postby escapetooregon - November 16th, 2016, 8:59 am

Well its about a year late replying, but, to Chuy: The nerf bars function just fine, I haven't had any issues with them as far as reliability and wear and tear. They allow you to access the roof easily, and the Steelcraft models look good on the car and integrate well with the shape of the side panels.

A few drawbacks are the rubber steps have faded in the sun, though I do park outside almost all the time, and I have not tried to restore them. Also the brackets holding the bars really reduce your ground clearance, they seem to hang much lower than seems necessary. The bars also make it hard for short legged folks to get in the car. No problem for me, but my gramma not so much lol. Mostly tho I want the change simply for aesthetics. I like the look of the factory side steps better after all.
escapetooregon

E-C LEVEL 1

Return to Swap 'n Shop