Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Supercharged 2005 V6 AWD Escape SVT $9,750 obo

25K views 54 replies 9 participants last post by  MdEscape 
#1 ·
It is with a heavy heart that I must sell my baby; a sleeper "Kenne Bell" supercharged 2005 V6 AWD Ford Escape "SVT". Seriously, I cannot believe I'm selling her! There is nothing wrong with her mechanically (no burning or leaking fluids) or cosmetically (aside from the normal scrapes and parking lot dings), has a clean and clear title in my name, has NO RUST, and has not been in an accident or raced. EVERYTHING WORKS including A/C and cruise control. I just need a more economical daily driver for my financial situation. I am OCD about maintenance and, at its current 133,000 miles, it has a clean bill of health from a local Ford dealership. She has over $10k in modifications (not including vehicle purchase price and maintenance items) and has ~300hp - ~300ft/lbs. Everything was built right (I am a Senior Master ASE Tech) and she is a blast to drive. She gets about 18mpg city and 23mpg highway, which isn't too bad for what she is but she runs on premium fuel only (91+ octane.) I need a daily driver that gets around 30mpg and runs on regular. On Monday June 22, 2015, a local Ford dealership looked over the vehicle, gave it a clean bill of health, and said that if they were to buy it from me and sell it they would sell it for at least $9,000! They didn't have anything on their lot that I wanted though so here is your chance to own a ONE OF A KIND reliable performance vehicle! It is the ONLY supercharged 2005 Ford Escape IN THE WORLD!

I am asking $9,750 or best offer.

It has a new battery as of 7/3/15! It was 5 years old and I replaced it for peace of mind (they only seem to last around 4-5 years anyway.)

Here is a short walk around video of start-up and a short jaunt from 0 to 60mph:

Here is a complete list of vehicle modifications:
• H&R lowering springs - 1.6" Front & 1.8" Rear
• Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
• AFE Stage 1 cold air intake with a larger 7" inlet diameter open top S&B filter
• 2005 Mustang GT Premium 17" rims with 235/55/R17 BFGoodrich Advantage T/A tires
• R1 Concepts Premium drilled and slotted front brake rotors with ceramic pads
• Rear disc brakes (rare OEM option available only on the 2005 and 2006 Escapes)
• 7% tint rear windows over OEM privacy glass, 20% tint front windows, 5% tint windshield strip
• Ford OEM bug shield
• Sylvania Sliverstar Ultra Hi-beams, Siverstar Ultra Low-beams, PIAA Ice blue fog lights
• CATZ Eyes custom driving lights custom mounted hidden behind the lower grill and air dam.
• 12" short antenna
• Sony head unit, 4- 6x8 Alpine S-series speakers with DynoMat in the doors, 2 6x9 Rockford Fosgate Punch series speakers in boxes in the cargo area, 5 channel Jensen 1000 watt amp (oldie but a goodie). I also installed an AUX/IPOD input cable. Concept audio 10 inch sub in a ported box and a 1 fared capacitor.
• MOOG racing stiffer front sway bar links
• MOOG racing tie rod ends
• Motorcraft Double Platinum SP-405 spark plugs from a 2007 Supercharged Shelby Mustang - 1 stage colder than OEM
• Colder 160 degree Motorcraft thermostat
• CURT class IV towing receiver and custom hidden wiring
• In-channel VentVisors
• Bosch Premium Alternator for a 2004 Escape which involved reversing the wiring for the alternator circuit.
• Kenne Bell 2.0L twin screw supercharger (this involved tearing the engine down to the bare long block and rebuilding it as a 2004 escape motor, complete with the motor mounts (custom milled to clear the longer 2005 fuel rail), alternator brackets, alternator, alternator connector, timing cover, reclocking the crankshaft position trigger wheel, entire power steering system (pump, bracket, custom lines), idler pulley, tensioner, and belt all for a 2004 Escape.
• XCT tuner with custom tune from Torrie at SCT Tuning tuned with custom maps based from a 1994 V6 Supercharged Thunderbird Super Coupe. Maps are fully adjustable.
• Intake boot off an SVT Ford Contour (clearance issues)
• Always 5/w20 Castrol Edge Titanium oil, WIX, Motorcraft, or Bosch filter every 3,000-4,000 miles, and Shell V-Power 93 octane fuel
• Custom strut tower brace

New parts within the last year include:
• Supercharger Oil changed every 12,000 miles as per Kenne Bell with their recommended fluid (truck will come with enough extra fluid for another year or two.)
• Air filter cleaned and oiled once a year.
• Both ABS tone rings on Left Front and Right Front axles (these tone rings tend to crack and throw on the ABS/Traction control light. They're only $8 parts but involve removing both axles from the vehicle to replace.
• Alignment
• Fuel filter (part of the 120,000 service, and has been replaced every 30,000 miles as per Ford.)
• Adjustable tubular rear upper control arms and ball joints (to set correct rear camber to factory specifications after vehicle was lowered.)
• Moog front lower control arms.
• Moog front lower ball joints.
• KYB front struts.
• KYB rear shocks.
• H&R lowering springs (I had Eibach lowering springs but the rear springs rusted out.)
• TIMBREN Aeon rear load springs ($250, truck sits perfect even when loaded and/or towing as they add an additional 1000 pound loading ability and ride great.)
• Moog upper strut mounts.
• Intake manifold (OEM Ford part)
• Intake manifold gaskets
• Valve cover gaskets
• 3 new ignition coils
• Ignition coil seals in the valve covers
• IAC gasket
• Throttle Body Gasket
• Vacuum lines
• New BFG Advantage Touring Tires - 235/55/R17 (Over $1000 from Sears mounted on OEM 2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium Package wheels that have NEVER seen salt!)
• Transmission Flush (BG full synthetic, which has been used since 60,000 miles, replaced again at 120,000 miles as per Ford.)
• Rear differential flush at Uftring Ford with Ford fluid and Ford additive. (There is no service interval for the rear differential fluid in the Ford Escape but I figured it was 10 years old and had over 120,000 miles so it could stand to be changed.)
• I had the rear PCV valve changed out for a coolant heated PCV valve to prevent icing up during winter (common issue) and that was over $500.
• Custom front strut tower brace (made from an OEM strut tower brace from a V8 Oldsmobile Aurora.)
• Radio antenna
• Motorcraft Radio antenna base and wiring to head-unit (some kid snapped off the radio antenna.)

Within the past 2 years I have done the following:
• Transfer case flush (BG synthetic, there is no service interval from Ford for the transfer case on Ford Escapes but I figured that it had 100,000 miles on the fluid and needed changed.
• Moog outer tie rod ends (with grease zerks.)
• Moog front sway bar links (much stiffer and beefier than the stock Ford sway bar links and have grease zerks.)
• New spark plugs (I was running NGK copper plugs and found that the OEM Ford Motorcraft Double Platinum SP-405 spark plugs, which are used from the factory on the 2007 Supercharged Shelby Mustangs were a colder direct fit spark plug for the 3.0 Duratec engine and are good for 100,000 miles.)
• R1 concepts front drilled and slotted brake rotors and ceramic pads (MUCH greater stopping power than OEM. Rear brakes still look great, I disassembled them and greased them each time I've replaced the front brakes since I've had the truck. The rear rotors and pads are still the original factory brakes but they still look and work great.)
• Front brake hoses (old ones were cracked.)

Within the past 3-4 years I have done the following:
• The supercharger installation, at which time the truck had 90,000 miles, and required me to tear the engine down to a long block and rebuild it as a 2004 Escape. This meant replacing, with new parts, the following:
• Power steering pump
• Power steering lines
• Power steering pressure sensor
• Power steering flush
• Colder Motorcraft thermostat
• Coolant flush (ford OEM Gold)
• Motor mounts
• Timing cover
• Timing cover gasket
• Crankshaft seal
• Oil pan gasket
• 32lb/hr fuel injectors
• Fuel injector o-rings
• Motorcraft IAC (Idle air control valve)
• Motorcraft Serpentine belt tensioner
• Motorcraft Serpentine belt
• Motorcraft Idler Pully
• Bosch alternator (Almost $400 just for that)
• Handheld SCT tuner with custom tunes (Nearly $1000 for all of that in itself.)
• Motorcraft fuel pressure regulator
• Vacuum lines
The total supercharger installation took me 2 months of blood, sweat, tears, and sleepless nights to complete. It has been a real labor of love, a blast to drive, and fun at cruise nights. I will probably cry when her new owner drives her away.

I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting but if you have any questions please feel free to contact me. The truck will only come with the Mustang wheels if my asking price is met, otherwise it will come with the original aluminum 16 wheels with like new tires that I use for winter. The spark tire is a matching 16 aluminum wheel with a new Continental tire that has never been used! Thanks!

See less See more
#52 ·
S-caped 1 said:
AhuraMazda04 said:
S-caped 1 said:
She's sexier than the leg lamp too! :lol: My wife and I would be willing to meet you half way (Like in Nashville, TN) if you were really serious about buying it. Just a thought.
Unless I can trade my soul, I do not think I will be able to unfortunately. I would certainly travel for it! Just the whole student loan thing putting a damper on my life :(
I completely understand. I still have over $30k left to pay on my student loans. Believe it or not my wife and I are trying to follow Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace" course of getting out of debt. That's one of the reasons I am selling my Escape. While I don't owe any money on it, the operating costs (premium gas) make it more expensive to drive than the Magnum (regular gas). Being financially responsible stinks!
Damn. I'm in the same boat. Sorry to hear of your troubles and good luck! I really hope your Escape ends up with someone who realizes how special it is and looks after it as if they had built it.

#53 ·
I was at a local cruise night and had all the old guys over looking at my truck. They said they had seen me at one of the other cruise nights and wondered what I was doing there with my "civilian" vehicle. Tonight, I blew their minds when I lifted the hood and fired it up. They were saying that they like it better than the "new dealership bought muscle cars". There's a cruise night full of imports and the younger crowd coming up soon that I'm going to try to get over to.

#54 ·
Not sure if the OP is still around, but since he has sold his escape, it's new owner popped up on the Ford Escape Owners facebook page. I was watching his video and then it hit me as to where I recognized this from. Glad to see its still on the road! I told the new owner to join the forum. We'll see if he does...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.