Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Are they flattered?

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Escapee11 
#1 ·
Look familiar? This is the new Chinese Haima S5 crossover SUV. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery then Ford should be blushing :blush:

See less See more
#2 ·
I saw a CX-5.

#4 ·
MadMax said:
Have you seen their S7?
That looks like the Tribute AND the CX-5 fused together.

The original post looks more Hyundai than Ford. Check out the number of lights in that one corner. I think I see at least six unique applications.

headlight - LED eyebrow - amber signal in the main assembly, or maybe high beam - another LED eyebrow - another turn signal - fog light

But I guess that's no different than an Escape Titanium

HID low beam - halogen high beam - LED eyebrow - fog light - turn signal - amber sidemarker

#8 ·
#9 ·
Haima was founded in 1992 as a joint venture between the Hainan provincial government and Mazda to produce Mazda models for sale in China. In 2006 Mazda's share of the venture was acquired by FAW Group, although many Haima models still incorporate Mazda technology.

Part of FAW Group, HUGE COMPANY. Has/had deals with Toyota, and GM also.

Most of what I have read or heard about these Chinese doppelgangers is that they are kind of like an inbred cousin to what we see here. And lower safety standards.
Or so wikipedia says..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.