It's coming Ford EcoSport!!!

Discuss other Ford models here!

It's coming Ford EcoSport!!!

Postby FRENCHY - November 10th, 2016, 5:38 pm

15 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7758&start=30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Re: It's coming Ford EcoSport!!!

Postby MadMax - November 12th, 2016, 11:12 am

It's been Ford's plan for some time. The reason it took so long was Ford decided to wait until the new and vastly improved Ecosport was introduced, because the old version was basically a third world car and not up to US standards. I'm glad they waited because who would want a small crossover that even Ford thought kind of sucked :shrug: :lol:
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 18

Postby Escape94 - November 15th, 2016, 7:44 am

From Ford's Instagram page:

It's also live on Ford's website: http://m.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/ there's also a sport package dubbed the SES trim level

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks
Hopefully some more to come in the future...(suggestions welcome :D)
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Postby TributeLove - November 15th, 2016, 7:51 pm

If this car is the same shape as the blue one above, I drove one of these near new with 600 KMs on the clock in Australia in July - they are C.R.A.P.!!!!!

It was an auto and when your foot is on the brake at a red light, the trans shifts to neutral, so you can't "torque" it up for a quick take off. If you are stopped with Drive selected, rev it first then take foot of the brake, there is a great drive shaft snapping bang when the trans shifts to drive.

Besides that, forget trying to sleep in a front seat unless you have Narcolepsy and only in the back seat if you are 3ft tall. The road noise was shocking and the plastic trim - very third world. It was also very difficult to get used to the stereo and clock display - didn't have time to read the manual, as it was a short term rental.

I'd also like to mention that I am 180cm tall and when the lift gate is open, the corners of that are at eye level when open/up IIRC, so serious injury risk for those walking into it when distracted or from around a corner!

The front grill looks to be a bit different;
TributeLove

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!

Postby Escape94 - November 15th, 2016, 8:29 pm

Well on the plus side the 'new' ecosport is being brought up to North America spec so I'm sure the quality will be a lot better. That's partly why it didn't come sooner.

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks
Hopefully some more to come in the future...(suggestions welcome :D)
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Postby TributeLove - November 15th, 2016, 9:24 pm

Escape94 wrote:Well on the plus side the 'new' ecosport is being brought up to North America spec so I'm sure the quality will be a lot better. That's partly why it didn't come sooner.

When we look at the first Aus spec Tribute and compare it to the first USA spec Escape, your comment confuses me. Things must have changed. I have not read any reviews on the Ecosport, apart from a proof read of mine, with the reason being it is a car I forgot about, until today! :)

Will be interesting to see how it goes over there.
TributeLove

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!

Postby mozz - November 17th, 2016, 9:40 am

Subcompact. Small, dangerous.Probably junk like a chevy aveo, spark, timing belt breaks at 40,000 miles? Garbage.
2003 Ford Mustang GT 4.6l 5 speed
2007 Ford Focus SE 2.0l 5 speed
2010 Ford Escape XLS 2.5l Fwd 5 speed
2012 Ford Fusion S 2.5l 6 speed
mozz

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
My vehicle: 2010 XLS 2.5 Fwd Blue 5 speed

Postby MadMax - November 18th, 2016, 7:59 am

I think we're getting the old Ecosport confused with the new one, Since it won't be out for a year how can it be judged fairly? :shrug:
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 18

Postby Linna - November 26th, 2016, 10:38 am

MadMax wrote:I think we're getting the old Ecosport confused with the new one, Since it won't be out for a year how can it be judged fairly? :shrug:

Good call, it is unclear if the US Ecosport will come from Mexico, Brazil, India, or even Thailand. The competitors in the micro SUV market are doing ok like the Chevy Trax, Honda HR-V, and Jeep Renegade/Fiat 500X. It is unrealistic to expect that the EcoSport will be as well appointed as an Escape, since it will sell for less. In other words, if someone feels that a base model Escape feels cheap, this will be cheaper! :)P
Linna

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2007 Ford Escape 4WD

Postby Charles - November 26th, 2016, 9:06 pm

If it can be flat towed, I will consider it. ;-|

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group - Black Onyx - Sunroof, Navigation, Premium Exterior Package, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners (1st & 2nd Row), Wireless Rear View Camera.
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2016 Escape Titanium FWD 2.0L
My vehicle's name: Shadow

Next

Return to Other Ford Models