Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

My Stable

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Surfscape 
#1 ·
Since my nickname is MustangMarty, I thought I'd share what's in my stable...

My former DD was this 2001 Mustang V6. I purchased it new and took delivery on Halloween. I added a Spintech dual side exhaust (It sounds sweet!), 2000 Mustang GT Spring Edition wheel, front spoiler from Saleen, and an aftermarket grill. My son started driving last year, so I let him drive it since the car we fixed up for him is a stick. In the past year he's put the '01 in a ditch, over extended the drivers door, put a 2" wide scratch down the passenger side from bumper to bumper, and rear ended a city bus. :censor: :cuss: :censor: Here a pic from her better days.

This is was our father/son project car. It's a 79 Mustang couple with the factory turbo 4. We added the pace car hood and nose, Turbocoupe seats, 16" ARE wheels, and rear spoiler. Still to install are the body molding and Saleen side skirts. We had it repainted the factory Jade Green Met paint. It has 96k original miles, documented. Since my son doesn't like driving a stick, and because of the forementioned damage done to the '01, we traded cars. The '01 is his, and this one is now mine. I am currently building a injected 2.3 Turbo that will be installed next summer.

My toy, 1985 ASC McLaren convertible. 5.0/auto. One of 257 made in 1985; only 552 were made over the 3 year production run. It is based on the Mustang's sister, the Mercury Capri. It is a 2-seater with a folding Mercedes style top. It's been upgraded with 4-wheel disk brakes from a Lincoln Mark VII and 3.73 gears. It is a blast to drive. :yahoo:

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice ! :)

I hope that your sons driving will get better in the near future. I can definitely sympathize, when our daughter first started driving she slid into the back end of a car. Two months later, she came up on a dead end road (she claims she did not realize the road was ending) slid down into a yard and into the side of a Ford F-250. :cuss:

She has since become an excellent driver, thank God !!

Our son, has been driving for about three years and so far only a warning for speeding.

#7 ·
My firat car was a '65 Mustang sedan hand-me-down from my Mom that I had to share with my older brother. Later, in my hot rodding days, Bro and I built and raced a '66 2+2 fastback (as they called them back in the day) that we shoehorned a 351 Cleveland into. Wish I still had pictures of that one. We did get a class record holder trophy from the old Detroit Dragway.

To go along with the kids driving stories, when my son had his license about 2 months he took my wifes new (6 months old) Lumina LTZ and put it on it's roof over the side of a muddy embankment, when he "swerved to miss a dog in the road". He and his buddy both had their seatbelts on and walked away without a scratch; car was totaled.

#8 ·
Ahh, since my dad doesn't post here.. I'll share my own 'crappy rookie driver' story.. I took my dad's SHO out for a bit and wound up 500 feet from where I hit a guard rail on the roof. :doh: I did fix it for him though.. I felt horrible. Since then, I've wised up a bit.. Though I still think the 8 inches of water that was on the road because of a year old old drainage problem wasn't my fault per se.. Ah well, what can you do right? I fixed it and didn't have to claim it against insurance so my rates didn't skyrocket. That was 3 1/2 years ago and I haven't been in even a fender bender since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.