Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Factory Five Racing '33 Ford Hotrod

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  FRENCHY 
#1 ·
So I was helping a friend with his '33 Ford Hotrod from Factory Five Racing. (https://www.factoryfive.com/) over the weekend. More of moral support than anything. :lol: He's told me about it but a hadn't seen it yet. I pulled up and I'm like :shock: These are no ordinary "kits". I don't know a lot about these sorts of things, but the suspension on this looked amazing! These are supposed to out handle most modern sports cars. A few details... Ford racing 302 crate motor, 5 speed manual, custom exhaust, Foose wheels, custom lighting inside and out including Harley Davidson head lights, custom fuel cell that he designed, custom fenders front and rear, windshield and roof. Custom high tech electrical system that I didn't understand, and probably 1000 more custom little details.

I spent about 8 hours with him and the car. Needless to say it was an incredible experience. After he finishes this car he's going to build his wife the Factory Five Racing Project 818. He already has the donor car for that one. I can't wait until he gets back from his vacation to "help" out again.

I've only got the one pic unfortunately. I may get a chance to get some more next time.

See less See more
#3 ·
Maybe this should go into the "non Ford" section. Sure it's a Ford body and engine... but everything else is not.

Any how... I'm going to keep updating this as progress happens. Take a look if you want or ignore.

Worked more on it last Saturday. He got it to start after 2 1/2 years of not running. (body and paint work in Arizona, long story) It sounded Awesome. Got a pic of the rear.

And the donor car for the 818 project.

Spent most of the day changing out the radiator. The old one came out with some yanking but the new one wouldn't go back in. So he hooked his truck up to it via chain and YANKED on the frame to pull it out forwards and more to the passenger side. After on banging and persuasion it worked, the new one went in and cleared all the belts and pullies. Started up and purred like a kitten. All this just so he can get it smogged and registered in California. THEN he can start dismantling it.

The 818

#4 ·
Ack!! Not sure how the first post image went away but here it is again.

#10 ·
I'm sure there is but I don't get to play with that stuff here. When I need a smiley that isn't available on-site, I grab one off google. If I think I'll use it often I'll grab it and save it to my website for later linking.

#11 ·
futameca said:
Ack!! Not sure how the first post image went away but here it is again.
That reminds me of the car Tim Allen built in the first few seasons of Home Imrpovement. That was also a 1933 Ford Roadster. Headlights were a little bigger and his was a lighter shade of blue.

#12 ·
Those are Harley Davison headlights so they are a smaller profile which is what he wanted.

Finally got a ride last weekend. Words cannot describe the rush… took my breath away… literally… the first time he stomped on it… burnout and fish tailed down the street. Probably the coolest, fastest car I'll ever experience. Too bad he's moving out of state soon... I'll miss him and his family more than the car really.

No video of my ride but the one below is of his friend Steve driving and my friend (who built the car) is in the passenger seat pulling out of his garage.

Not a great video but you get the idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.