Lift gate window hinge Mazda Tribute 2008

Review and request part numbers here!

Lift gate window hinge Mazda Tribute 2008

Postby SBBG - October 5th, 2016, 6:20 pm

Hi All,

I am looking for the part number for the lift gate window hinge of a 2008 V6 Mazda Tribute.
Engine: 3.0L V6
Interior / Exterior Color: CHARCOAL / TUNGSTEN GRAY

Above photo is old. By now the hinges have cracked and the other day the outside part of one fell off. I really need two new ones.
SBBG

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Re: Lift gate window hinge Mazda Tribute 2008

Postby Mike Dee - October 5th, 2016, 8:47 pm

They are relatively expensive, lots of posts on here about them, another option is to have the rear window sealed shut by an auto glass place, many people never open the window anyway, plus they can leak which causes the door latch or wiring to fail.
Mike Dee

E-C LEVEL 4
Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!

Postby 14theRoad - October 6th, 2016, 2:42 pm

Mike Dee wrote:They are relatively expensive, lots of posts on here about them, another option is to have the rear window sealed shut by an auto glass place, many people never open the window anyway, plus they can leak which causes the door latch or wiring to fail.

It's called a 'Lift Gate Window Hinge', Each Assembly (there are two ;) ) costs about 75 bucks each brand new. You can find them on e-bay and some on-line dealers for way less.

If you search for 08 Mazda Tribute Lift gate glass window hinge you should find what you're looking for. I wouldn't just google it, I'd use Amazon's, Google's,and E-bays searches separately.
14theRoad

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby SBBG - October 8th, 2016, 12:43 pm

Thanks guys, with the proper search words I managed to track down the part numbers...

Tribute Part Number
Right ZZC1622B0
Left ZZC2622B0

Escape Oart Number
Right 8L8Z78420A68C
Left 8L8Z78420A68D

Bought a set for 160$ including free shipping.
SBBG

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby volleybiggs - October 17th, 2016, 10:32 am

was your latch out of the hole it fits in? I replaced the piston or part that holds the glass open on the rear window and it was so much stronger than the old one it forced the latch to pop out most of the way. Not sure if replacing it will make it stay in or not since that piston is strong it forced it out.
volleybiggs

E-C LEVEL 1

Postby SBBG - October 22nd, 2016, 3:49 pm

Never opened the rear window so that could not have caused it. Hinges just crumbled, like what one sees on aluminium, and one day when we closed the rear door one of the hinges fell apart.

But they are fixed now.

Looking good !

Now I only need to get rid of the corrosion on the rear wheel arches ? Any ideas on that ?
SBBG

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Mike Dee - October 23rd, 2016, 11:14 am

It depends on if its inside by the shock mount or limited to the body panel. I'm guessing its the wheel well since thats a huge problem and if its bad, then a very expensive one to fix if you cant do it yourself. Sometimes the least of the expensive options it to have a body shop rebuild it, but of course, that depends on the body shop and the sexual position they choose.
If it gets bad enough then the shock will separate from the body.
Mike Dee

E-C LEVEL 4
Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!

Return to Part Numbers