2007 ford escape undercarriage splash guard

Review and request part numbers here!

2007 ford escape undercarriage splash guard

Postby anette838 - June 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm

Hi There

The plastic underbody splash guard was ripped off couple months back and I've looking one from junkyards ever since but no luck.

Does anyone know the original part number (its 2007 ford escape xlt v6) for this? I found few skid plates but I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on it, I bought one from jcwithney but it didn't fit :-(

Thanks a lot!
anette838

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Re: 2007 ford escape undercarriage splash guard

Postby Mike Dee - June 15th, 2016, 9:52 pm

Are you talking about the one right under the rad? I believe they get broken from curbs and bumps so they eventually get taken off or just fall off lol, also, when doing some repairs they get removed and never put back on, I try to put most guards back on and sometimes add extra fasteners if one or more of the originals has failed or broke.
I would try fordparts.com, you should be able to find most part numbers there, some parts are also somewhat cheap, but something like this may have been unavailable for several years now and chances are they wont make any more lol.
You can always just go without it, many go years with no problems.
Mike Dee

E-C LEVEL 3

Postby boogie_4wheel - June 16th, 2016, 9:27 am

Are you talking about the plastic guards that go from radiator to underneath the engine? 2 pieces, 1 for each side-half of the vehicle and are held in with an assortment of bolts and those stupid plastic push pin things?

Shoot, I would have given you mine for the cost of shipping, but I threw them away a few months back. Honestly, I was tired of dealing with them. The bolts had become stiff inside the threaded fasteners which resulted in a couple of them tearing away from the bumper/fender over time. I didn't feel like taking the time to chase the treads with a tap.

The fractional loss in fuel mileage was worth it. If it were me, I wouldn't be worrying about them at all. Save the money for gas, or go out to a nice dinner.
'05 3.0L/Auto, AWD, 259k, stock engine and trans
'05 Dodge 2500, Cummins/48RE, QCLB, 4wd, some aftermarket goodies
'12 Buick Enclave, Premium AWD
'07 Honda VTX-1800T, tons of add-ons including electronic cruise control
'96 Honda XR400R, 426 sleeve, ported head, cam, carb, pipe, street legal
boogie_4wheel

E-C LEVEL 3
Congratulations on reaching 250 posts!
My nickname: Stoner
My vehicle: 2005 XLT 3.0L AWD

Postby anette838 - June 16th, 2016, 2:55 pm

Hi yes there are two pieces under the engine exactly what i was talking about. The one on the drivers side keeps getting ripped off... because its directly underneath the serpentine belt i felt that aside from aerodynamics it helps keep some dirt away? I found one from eBay that says replaces part# YL8Z16102AA but perhaps somebody can confirm...
anette838

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Strider - June 17th, 2016, 1:53 am

I was just at the wrecking yard and saw the 2 pieces of plastic you seek. Im youre interested Ill pick them up for you if the price is right. Its $3 for entry and $2 to get into the "primo" lot where the pieces are. I need to get back there anyway so all I want is shipping cost if youre interested.
2002 Ford Escape 3.0 V6 XLT 4X4 220k miles
Factory tow package
Overkill alternator wiring
Full front and rear suspension rehab
Strider

E-C LEVEL 3
Congratulations on reaching 250 posts!
My vehicle: 02 Ford Escape XLT 3.0 V6 4X4

Postby anette838 - June 17th, 2016, 1:14 pm

Strider wrote:I was just at the wrecking yard and saw the 2 pieces of plastic you seek. Im youre interested Ill pick them up for you if the price is right. Its $3 for entry and $2 to get into the "primo" lot where the pieces are. I need to get back there anyway so all I want is shipping cost if youre interested.

Just PM'd you! Thanks!
anette838

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Part Numbers