Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

2013 Escape Accessories

11K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Vertigo19 
#1 ·
It didn't take long. Ford already has factory splash guards, all-weather floor mats, cargo cover, window vent shades, roof rails, and crossbars available as accessories for the 2013 Escape.

Fun fact: from the part numbers, it's also obvious that Ford now has a new internal code for the 2013 Escape (J5). The 2001-2012 Escape's internal code was L8.

Splash Guards

DJ5Z-16A550-AA - 2013 Escape molded splash guards, front (MSRP $49.99)

DJ5Z-16A550-BA - 2013 Escape molded splash guards, rear (MSRP $49.99)

Mats

DJ5Z-7813300-AA - 2013 Escape carpeted floor mats, set of 4, medium stone (MSRP $88.93)
DJ5Z-7813300-AB - 2013 Escape carpeted floor mats, set of 4, black (MSRP $88.93)

CJ5Z-7813300-AC - 2013 Escape all-weather floor mats, black (MSRP $91.43)

DJ5Z-7811600-BA - 2013 Escape all-weather cargo area mat (MSRP $90.00)

Cargo Cover

CJ5Z-7845440-AA - 2013 Escape charcoal roll-out cargo cover (MSRP $269.45)

Window Vent Shades

DJ5Z-18246-A - 2013 Escape side window vent shades, adhesive (MSRP $109.19)

Roof Rails/Crossbars

DJ5Z-7855100-BA - 2013 Escape side roof rails, black, left and right set (MSRP $320.00, 2012 model shown)
DJ5Z-7855100-CA - 2013 Escape side roof rails, silver/nickel, left and right set (MSRP $320.00, 2012 model shown)

DJ5Z-7855100-AA - 2013 Escape roof crossbars, black, front and back set (MSRP $135.70)

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the idea of splash guards. If they were an option on the vehicle when I ordered, I overlooked them. Perhaps I'll order the accessory & have the dealer install them when mine arrives. I did check boxes for all weather mats (and saw one for cargo area mat) but never noticed the splash guards.

#4 ·
JP:
Thanx for the excellent info. Although my "S" isn't due in until later this month, you've already given me some ideas for add ons. Would you happen to know if there are 17" steel wheels available from anyone other than Ford? I'd like to have a full size spare but Ford wants $273.00 for just the rim, $52.00 for the valve stem/pressure sensor and then I need a tire...........Ouch.

#7 ·
Ford lists that trailer connector on their 2013 Escape accessories page, but when you look at the specific compatibility list, you're right - no 2013.

Off it goes from this thread!

Thanks for the catch.

#8 ·
jpark said:
It didn't take long. Ford already has factory splash guards, all-weather floor mats, cargo cover, window vent shades, roof rails, and crossbars available as accessories for the 2013 Escape...
This is an awesome post, jpark; thanks for all your awesome contributions!

boomerang said:
I like the idea of splash guards. If they were an option on the vehicle when I ordered, I overlooked them. Perhaps I'll order the accessory & have the dealer install them when mine arrives. I did check boxes for all weather mats (and saw one for cargo area mat) but never noticed the splash guards.
boomerang,

I confirmed in the 2013MY Escape Order Guide that splash guards aren't available at the ordering stage. Like jpark already listed, here the links for the splash guards:

Splash Guards - Flat Rear Only:
http://Accessories.Ford.com/splash-guar ... -only.html

Splash Guards - Molded Front Pair:
http://Accessories.Ford.com/kit-mudflap-10278.html

macts473 said:
JP:
Thanx for the excellent info. Although my "S" isn't due in until later this month, you've already given me some ideas for add ons...
Congrats on your order, macts473! Drop me a line via PM with your VIN and/or order number & dealer details, and I'll research your current status. :D

Springnut said:
JP the T harness is not compatible with the older models...
jpark said:
Ford lists that trailer connector on their 2013 Escape accessories page, but when you look at the specific compatibility list, you're right - no 2013...
Springnut & jpark,

I found one listed for the 2013MY Escape:

Trailer Hitch:
http://Accessories.Ford.com/kit-trailer ... 10312.html

This one is for 2009-12MY Escapes:

Trailer Hitch Wiring Harness - 4-Pin:
http://Accessories.Ford.com/trailer-hit ... 4-pin.html

Cory

#9 ·
Finally got my 2013 last week. One of the first accessories I added was a set of mudguards. (Which I would not have known were available if it was not for JP's post. Thanx JP.) I got them on eBay (180902331553) for $88 with free shipping. Installation was very easy. I'll post some details on the installation under the "Exterior Mods" section. By "very easy" I mean that they installed without having to remove the wheels or to jack up the vehicle. No special tools needed either but if you have a panel clip remover or can borrow one, it does make it less likely that you will damage the plastic fasteners holding the front guards.

#10 ·
macts473 said:
Finally got my 2013 last week. One of the first accessories I added was a set of mudguards. (Which I would not have known were available if it was not for JP's post. Thanx JP.) I got them on eBay (180902331553) for $88 with free shipping. Installation was very easy. I'll post some details on the installation under the "Exterior Mods" section. By "very easy" I mean that they installed without having to remove the wheels or to jack up the vehicle. No special tools needed either but if you have a panel clip remover or can borrow one, it does make it less likely that you will damage the plastic fasteners holding the front guards.
:pics:

#12 ·
If the OEM splash guards install as easily as they did on my 2013 Fusion SE then you DO NOT NEED the the dealership to do it for you. The instructions say to remove the wheel. You can do it just by turning the wheel left or right if you have shorter sockets and screw drivers. I even got away without jacking the car up with the shorter tools. All in all, it took about 20 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.