2008 Motor Lock wire locations

Ignition, lighting, chassis, more

2008 Motor Lock wire locations

Postby IClimb06 - January 6th, 2017, 1:47 am

I am installing a remote start for my wife in her 2008 escape. I found one that uses the OE key for activation. However, I am having a difficult time finding the Motor Lock wire. According to my information the Motor Lock wire is a Grey/Brown wire located at the driver's side kick panel, and in the SJB at a black 32-pin plug (pin 6). Also, it should only have voltage when the lock button on the remote is pressed. I tapped into what I thought was the correct wire, however, I does not appear to be correct. At the driver's side kick panel, (behind a small panel next to the throttle peddle if I understand correctly) I found a large connector which has a Grey/Brown wire. However, this shows no voltage when the lock button is pressed. I also found the a Grey/Brown wire coming from the driver's side door, which I believe goes through a large bundle of wires that goes across to the center counsel at about knee level. It appears to go to a 52 pin connector at the SJB above the fuse box on the passenger side. However this wire is constant 12v.
On a side note where is the 32 pin plug at the SJB? I found the 52 pin plug on the passenger side, is the 32 pin plug the one that has the grey lever that splits it in half to the rear of the fuse box? If so, how do I take the sides off the center counsel to access those wires? I took several hex head screws of varying size off the outside and some phillips screws out of the inside of the storage compartment, however it doesn't budge.

To all of those with much more knowledge than I, Thank You in advance!
IClimb06

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2008 Motor Lock wire locations

Postby IClimb06 - January 11th, 2017, 6:33 pm

Can anyone point me in the direction of the 32 pin plug? I found the SJB on the passenger side of the center council, however, I can't find the 32 pin connector.
Thank you
IClimb06

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Electrical Mods