2008 Limited Question About Security Brain

Ignition, lighting, chassis, more

2008 Limited Question About Security Brain

Postby HollywoodEscape - December 5th, 2016, 5:27 pm

I'm wanting to install a microwave motion sensor to the escape.
Wanting to buy this unit --> http://www.genssi.com/index.php/automot ... alarm.html

Is this possible to add the factory ford alarm system unit? If so, where the heck can I find the brain so I can either plug and play or splice the wires into the brain.

Thank you for any help!
2009 Ford Escape Limited Edition.
HollywoodEscape

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Re: 2008 Limited Question About Security Brain

Postby AmericanPride - December 9th, 2016, 12:35 pm

HollywoodEscape wrote:I'm wanting to install a microwave motion sensor to the escape.
Wanting to buy this unit --> http://www.genssi.com/index.php/automot ... alarm.html

Is this possible to add the factory ford alarm system unit? If so, where the heck can I find the brain so I can either plug and play or splice the wires into the brain.

Thank you for any help!

$300? Lol

First off, I don't think you can add that to a factory brain. It would take a lot of wiring to get it to work, if at all.

That prox sensor is made for aftermarket alarms. $300 could get you a decent alarm, probably with prox included
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Postby HollywoodEscape - December 12th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Thanks for the reply! Well, the alarm isn't $300, it is actually like $19.99 if you look on the page. MSRP says $300, which im sure theyre exaggerating.

2nd: Where is the factory alarm on the escape? I pulled the dash panel under the steering wheel off, removed the steel plate with the 10mm screws and there was nothing there! Any info?

3rd: Why is it an issue to wire this? theres 3 wires, ground, instant trigger aux and a 12v volt. IF I do have an alarm, couldn't I just splice this in so that it is armed when the doors are locked?

*** Originally I had thought I had an alarm system since I have a freaking limited trim Escape. I cannot find the security brain. I looked online and it seems our escapes should have came with one and this "shock sensor" which apparently has a LITE TOUCH system as well as a full on Shock Sensor system, both adjustable. I cannot find the alarm and therefore cannot adjust the shock sensor to HIGH, so I'm looking at cheap alternatives such as this microwave sensor.
HollywoodEscape

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Heywood_F - December 13th, 2016, 1:35 am

There's no separate "alarm" module on the 08. Doesn't matter if it is a Limited or XLT.
All "alarm"-related stuff, door locks, switches, keyless entry, keypad, liftgate actuators, etc., are under the control of the SJB - Smart Junction Box. Unfortunately it doesn't have any auxiliary alarm inputs. Only the ones it's programmed at the factory to recognize.

If you want to use that sensor, you'll likely need to have an aftermarket alarm installed.

Before you think that's going to far, an experienced installer can do a great job on the alarm, and while he's got the E apart, add a remote starter with two-way communication. Some of those will let you control additional components. Wouldn't it be nice to remote start, defrost the rear and turn on seat warmers (Limited).
Heywood_F

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My vehicle: 2008 Escape V6 Limited AWD

Postby HollywoodEscape - December 13th, 2016, 1:28 pm

thanks for the reply! I called a ford dealership and asked them to check my VIN. Apparently there is NO alarm on the vehicle. Which is silly for a limited edition. I'll go with what you said, get a remote starter and alarm installed by some local reputable shop.
HollywoodEscape

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby AmericanPride - December 14th, 2016, 12:31 am

HollywoodEscape wrote:thanks for the reply! I called a ford dealership and asked them to check my VIN. Apparently there is NO alarm on the vehicle. Which is silly for a limited edition. I'll go with what you said, get a remote starter and alarm installed by some local reputable shop.

Check out Compustar systems. They have everything from 3 time lock systems, 1 way systems, 2 way remote communication and 2 way phone/GPS communication. The last one is Drone Mobile that uses a cell service and satellites, open the app and you can fully control it with unlimited range and track live.

Alarm goes off? Your phone does too.
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Postby AmericanPride - December 14th, 2016, 12:32 am

AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Return to Electrical Mods