Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Current and past mods

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Squishy 
#1 ·
(click on thumbnails to enlarge)

My first exterior mod was adding some fog lights. These lights were on sale, but looked really weird.

My next mod, detailed here, added bigger off-road type fog lights and relocated the previous lights for something of an "interceptor" look. I also added 55 W lights in the rear for reversing.

I then removed the low-profile fog lights (ick, blue!) in favour of mounting off-road type driving lights in the transmission cooler openings, and some slightly smaller fog lights that could fit inside of the stock opening instead of hanging in front.

I moved further north into the boonies so I needed a little something extra to help me plow through the snowdrifts. I added a full brush guard with Grade 8 mounting hardware and mounted the 55 W driving lights from the cooler opening onto the brush guard. I also removed the rear lights because I kept backing up into snow and they would disappear into the bowels of the bumper cover. I also updated my recovery points to HUUGE D-shackles, but they aren't visible in the pictures below. No good angles exist yet for the new look, so these snow scenes will have to do. :?

See less See more
#4 ·
lol, those snow banks look familiar.. oh wait, i got the same white crap in front of my house HAHA. i need a brush guard.

#5 ·
Hello again squishy,

Sorry about all the questions again, but i wanna make sure that i have all the information i need before I get into the front-end of my Escape. :smile:

The lights you have on the Transmission cooler intake, are those mounted onto the Bumper reinforcement bar? they look kind of low to be there, or are they mounted directly onto the plastic bumper? Also, what kind of lights are those? they look great!

Thank you

#6 ·
I had to cut away some of the plastic bumper cover where it slides under the reinforcement, but yes that's where the lights are mounted. They are Blazer Baja lights - again, from Canadian Tire so I'm not sure where they would be available in the States.

Here's a closer look at the light:

And the mounting point:

The black steel part at the top of the picture is the reinforcement beam. You can see where I cut a square notch into the bumper cover where it would normally hit the mounting bracket. This was taken during an experimental phase to see how it looked and worked before I took the bumper cover off to do it properly, so don't mind the wiring mess. :happy:

(Those are all clickable thumbnails)

#7 ·
Thank you very much Squishy, the pictures really help.

Yes, I found the lights, they sell here for $39 + S&H, so it's not too bad of a price. They match the factory design of the escape perfectly IMO. So I'll be trying this project out within this month, I'll be going down to Florida next week, so when I come back I'll get to it. Thanks again. :woohoo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.