Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

front bumper intake supports

4K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Barks507 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience with or see any issues with cutting out the vertical supports in the lower front bumper intake? I wanted to trim them out and install an LED light bar down there. wondering if they are functional and necessary or just cosmetic?

#7 ·
This is light I got but from different seller. Outer lights are floods and inner section is spot. You can get full spot light bars but I went with this one because I read the floods light up the ditches very well. I drive on dark roads a lot coming home from work and this bar throws a lot of light everywhere! I live in Ontario Canada so the bar gets abused from road salt and sand etc. Power wash it and it's been flawless for 1.5 yrs now. Pre wired with switch, very easy install even for me. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I also have zero experience. Take your time and unbolt everything in wheel wells and underneath bumper. It's best to have 2 people for final removal. You have to pull pretty hard on each corner and it is easier if the other side is supported so the bumper cover doesn't sag and hit floor (like mine did). Sorry I have no pics. Google knows everything!

#10 ·
Barks507 said:
This is light I got but from different seller. Outer lights are floods and inner section is spot. You can get full spot light bars but I went with this one because I read the floods light up the ditches very well. I drive on dark roads a lot coming home from work and this bar throws a lot of light everywhere! I live in Ontario Canada so the bar gets abused from road salt and sand etc. Power wash it and it's been flawless for 1.5 yrs now. Pre wired with switch, very easy install even for me. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have a link or site address

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#14 ·
I am concerned about one thing, the majority of cooling air comes from the lower intake, filling that intake with auxiliary lighting doesn't seem like a good idea... just sayin' :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.