'11 Escape rearview mirror with backup lcd

Seats, instrument panel, headliner, console, panels, detailing, more

'11 Escape rearview mirror with backup lcd

Postby ChrisRobin - December 19th, 2016, 10:08 pm

Did a quick search and didn't find anything conclusive.

While replacing the entire Sync system with a high end navigation screen and built in backup camera option sounds nice (and ensuring all steering wheel controls work), I'm not in a position to fund that right now. So, I'm thinking of replacing the stock auto dimming mirror with an aftermarket mirror that has a backup camera capability.

I found this which looks good. Just need to get a nice 120deg camera with guide lines.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181124199258?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I know I'll have to cut up the stock wiring harness but before I jump in and do that, are there any actual Ford mirrors that have auto dimming and backup camera that use the same wiring harness that we have in the Escape?? Like the F150 or other trucks and suvs. I know Ford like to use same parts on different models.
ChrisRobin

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Re: '11 Escape rearview mirror with backup lcd

Postby ChrisRobin - December 29th, 2016, 4:50 pm

Nevermind... My sync mic is in the mirror. It'll take some work and about $400 to make it all work. I'll save that for a future upgrade.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
ChrisRobin

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Re: '11 Escape rearview mirror with backup lcd

Postby Squirrel - December 30th, 2016, 11:21 am

ChrisRobin wrote:Did a quick search and didn't find anything conclusive.

While replacing the entire Sync system with a high end navigation screen and built in backup camera option sounds nice (and ensuring all steering wheel controls work), I'm not in a position to fund that right now. So, I'm thinking of replacing the stock auto dimming mirror with an aftermarket mirror that has a backup camera capability.

I found this which looks good. Just need to get a nice 120deg camera with guide lines.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181124199258?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I know I'll have to cut up the stock wiring harness but before I jump in and do that, are there any actual Ford mirrors that have auto dimming and backup camera that use the same wiring harness that we have in the Escape?? Like the F150 or other trucks and suvs. I know Ford like to use same parts on different models.

Don't be so sure you can't swing it. I can very definitely recommend these with confidence. They work really well:

https://smile.amazon.com/BOSS-BV9384NV- ... R6B9RKY8HX

Keep your mirror. Use the radio for the backup camera which gives a much larger and better view. I paid for my auto dim mirror that I added. .
'04 Escape XLT | V-6 | FWD | Factory Bug Shield | Boss Audio BV9384NV double din touchscreen w/NAV | Esky EC170-08 High Definition Color CMOS Waterproof Car Backup Camera | Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | CIPA 36400 Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Temperature | carfieldenterprise.com Strut Tower Brace
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Squirrel!
My vehicle: 2004 XLT FWD; 2006 FEH AWD
My vehicle's name: Wannabe Bronco; Ghost

Return to Interior Mods