Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Husky VS WeatherTech Review

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  MadMax 
#1 ·
For those that are looking at Husky and WeatherTech for floor mats here is my .02

2003 Ford Escape Husky Item# 33151: These have little spikes on the bottom that are supposed to hold the mats in place, but they do not do a very good job as they slide forward toward the pedals even with the little space for the floor hook. They are also not a heavy/thick as the WeatherTech. Also, the fit is a little off on some of the contours.

2013 Ford Escape WeatherTech Part #: 44459-1-2: I got the front, back seat and cargo liners. They are the Digital Fit and the fit is spot on. Also, the material is a heavier duty than the Husky liners.

So, to conclude this brief review I would suggest WeatherTech over Husky floor liners. I also have the All Weather Floor Mats and they are also heavy duty and work great.

#2 ·
Does yours completely cover the dead pedal? I have had my huskies since early 2013 and I love them. Just the fact that mine cover the dead pedal and the WT don't is a deal breaker for me.

#3 ·
Escapeism said:
Does yours completely cover the dead pedal? I have had my huskies since late early 2013 and I love them. Just the fact that mine cover the dead pedal and the WT don't is a deal breaker for me.
+1

And they stand in place in my 08 and 11 E :thumb: :thumb:

#4 ·
FRENCHY said:
Escapeism said:
Does yours completely cover the dead pedal? I have had my huskies since late early 2013 and I love them. Just the fact that mine cover the dead pedal and the WT don't is a deal breaker for me.
+1

And they stand in place in my 08 and 11 E :thumb: :thumb:
yeah, mine stay in place as well. That issue has never crossed my mind. Another thing to consider are the height of the sidewalls. My huskies seem to be higher than the WT's. So stuff sloshing around tends to stay in the pan. Granted, the WT are a beautiful product but form versus functionality comes to mind.

#5 ·
Thanks for the review.

I got huskies and it seems that they move forward close to an inch, once forward they pretty much stay there (and they cover the dead panel).

That said I got front and rear full set from kijiji for $25 so I am super happy with them. (yeah i am cheap :) )

#7 ·
Let me throw a third brand into the mix. Aries 3D Maxpiders. They're custom fit, good looking, 20% cheaper and durable. I've had mine 2 years and they still look like new. They don't move, they cover the dead-peddle and only weigh ounces.

#9 ·
RoadKnight said:
I second the Aries. I have the black ones for my 11 limited. Not only do they fit perfectly, they also are a perfect match for my charcoal interior. Looking at them you would think they were OEM.
The tan match so well that you can't even tell there's anything on the floor

#11 ·
Twister said:
Will husky mats for an 05-07 fit an 03? Are their floor different?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
They should fit, same car. Just check to be sure they have the same number of eyelets/hooks. That's usually the only thing that changes from year to year within a generation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.